Thank you for your willingness and important work in reviewing an article for the ISCAST journal.
A report must include your answers to the following:
- Title of the reviewed article
- In order for a submission to the journal to be considered for publication, an article should contribute to the ISCAST mission of promoting constructive conversation between Christian faith and the sciences. To that end, articles should show a connection, demonstrated in the article and mentioned in the abstract, between the substance of the article and some aspect of Christian theology or practice. Is this article meeting these criteria?
- Is this article based on original research?
- Is the article based on relevant sources?
- Does the article contribute to the body of knowledge?
- Is the title of this article suitable?
- Are the argument, the method, and the goals of this research clearly expressed from the outset?
- Has the author consistently pursued the argument throughout the article?
- Are the author’s conclusions consistent with the stated argument and the rest of the discussion?
- Are there recommendations you would like to see implemented so that the article is suitable for publication?
- If you reject the article or recommend revision, are there observations you would like to communicate to the author?
- Are there any comments you would like to convey to the editors?
- Your recommendation:
- The article is suitable for publication in its present form
- The article will become suitable for publication after the author implements the reviewer’s recommendations (no further review required)
- The article will become suitable for publication after the author implements the reviewer’s recommendations (review required; would you be interested in reviewing this article after satisfactory revisions are implemented?
- The article is not suitable for publication